|We will be adding new recipes frequently but would like to encourage anyone to send us their own at any time. Photos and
stories are welcome as well. We'd like to hear about your great dishes, chili cook-offs, spicy chocolates and anything that
contains our friend the chili pepper!
|Spicy Chicken Recipe
* 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
* 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved
lengthwise and seeded
* 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,
* 6 slices bacon
1. Place chicken breasts in a dish
with the Italian dressing. Cover, and
marinate in the refrigerator at least 2
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Stuff each jalapeno half with cream
cheese. Roll chicken breasts around
jalapeno peppers. Wrap each
chicken breast with a slice of bacon.
Secure with toothpicks.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange
wrapped chicken breasts on the
prepared grill. Cook for 20 minutes,
turning frequently, or until bacon is
browned and the chicken juices run
|Spicy Bean Salsa Recipe
* 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans,
rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell
* 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced
* 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine
black-eyed peas, black beans,
corn, onion, green bell pepper,
jalapeno peppers and tomatoes.
Season with Italian-style salad
dressing and garlic salt; mix well.
Cover, and refrigerate overnight to
|Spicy Beef Recipe
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/4 tablespoon salt
* black pepper
* 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
* 1 quart oil for frying
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup sliced onion
* 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees
F (190 degrees C).
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl,
combine cornstarch, salt and pepper
together. Mix thoroughly. Toss the steak
slices in the cornstarch mixture and
3. Deep fry the coated steak slices until
golden brown. Remove from oil, and
4. In another mixing bowl, combine the
soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and
honey. Add sugar, chili paste, water,
and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
5. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over
medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of
oil, and quickly saute the onion, garlic
and red pepper for 30 seconds. Add the
sauce mixture, and cook another 30
seconds. Finally, add the strips of fried
steak and toss to heat through and coat
|What are Scoville Units?
Scoville units are what the heat intensity of a
pepper is measured in. The more milder pepper,
like the Bell Peppers range from 100 - 1,000
scovilles units. While the hottest peppers, like the
Jalapeno and habanero, range from 5,000 -
300,000 scoville units.